Here are some questions to help finding creative solutions of any problem you have. (N.B. provided that it’s a problem that can be solved, not something not within your control)
Really sit down and take time to consider these…
- What’s the problem?
- What have you done in the past to cope with similar problems?
- What haven’t you tried?
- What would you advise someone you care about to do in similar situation?
- Think of someone you respect or admire. What would they do?
- What do you think people you respect would advise you to do?
- Who could you approach for help?
- List all the other resources you can draw upon to cope?
- What would a creative person do?
- What would a wise person do?
- What would a courageous person do?
- What would be the easiest thing to do?
- What would be the most effective solution possible? What’s the ideal solution?
- Overall, what do you think the best or most realistic solution would be?
- What would be the first step?