It just happened that I was doing a brief research on the internet and among my friends who are in the field, so here is some information that might be useful to those who are looking for early intervention programmes for children diagnosed with Autism. (It is up-to-date on April 2016, within Klang Valley only).
I’d advise to take your child and visit the centre, get a feel of how it’s like on a typical day, on top of enquiring what they offer and how they charge. If possible, bring someone who knows a bit more in the field!
- Autism Link, Petaling Jaya (www.autism.my)
- Using Applied Behavioural Analysis (ABA), 1:1 individually tailored
- Parental training weekly
- Monday – Friday (3 hours class)
- Morning RM5500/month; Afternoon 4800/month; Full day 8500/month
- Contact: 016-6100309 / 03-7957 0795; Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- According to a ABA therapist friend who used to work there, this centre is strongly recommendable if parents/family is financially capable.
- Hatching, Jaya One, Petaling Jaya (www.HatchingCenter.com)
- Modified ABA, 1:4 group (1 teacher/therapist, 4 children)
- Workshop for parents/children monthly
- 9am-12pm or 1pm-4pm RM1500/month; 9am-4pm RM2000/month
- Make appointment for free pre-enrolment assessment (1 hour)
- Contact: 011-1133 8518
- ALRITE, USJ (www.alrite4kidz.com)
- 3 hour or 6 hour session
- Contact: 03- 8020 6666
- I called up and was told that they don’t discuss the fee structures over the phone (it kind of makes me suspect …), to call up for appointment.
- Bright Stars, Ara Damansara (www.brightstars.my)
- Using ABA, the sun-rise programme; 1:1 or 1:2 individualised
- 9am-12pm or 12:30pm-3:30pm, RM2900/month; 9am-3pm RM5200/month
- Contact: 012-3222405 / 03-78590089
- See brightstars.my/about_the_
program (it appears to be the only centre that publishes their pricing online!)
- The National Autism Society of Malaysia (NASOM) (www.nasom.org.my)
- Many centres all over Malaysia, including one in Miri, Sarawak. One-stop assessment/diagnosis centre is at Setia Alam (603-3359 3987)
- Star programme, 1:3
- Monday-Friday 7.30am-12pm or 1pm-5pm (RM318/month, half day only)
- May need to be put in waiting list but they have intake almost every month throughout the year
- Note: The centre that I called up to enquire is Taman OUG centre (03-78317928 / 03-78327928)
- Freelance ABA therapists
- Usually much more affordable, so it would suit those family with financial constraint.
- Some might be able to have sessions at home.
- Standard, facility, materials used, quality, service might be compromised (or not!!)
- It might be good to do a review (re-assessment) every 6 months or so to check the child’s progress
- Where to find? Check the comment section below!
Disclaimer: I am in no way involved in any of the abovementioned centres and their therapists, I have not personally known anyone who had used their services so I cannot guarantee their service quality and outcome. I’m only providing different options to those who might need it, feel free to add your comments or recommend other centres below.