To keep things simple and organised for me, please fill in this form if you are interested to join the support groups!
PLEASE FILL THIS FORM >> https://goo.gl/forms/PaFNW2LBfOkOOeUv1
I’ve been asked about support groups quite a few times and been thinking how I can start this. It’s definitely something very common in western countries, I’m not sure how it will work here in Malaysia. Now I’m proposing the idea here, and for anyone who reads this and is interested in any of the support groups, please get in touch, let me know what you think and how we can start this and get it going!
Support groups for:
- Depression or mood related problems
- OCD (Obsessive Compulsive Disorder)
- Anxiety or stress related problems
- Schizophrenia and psychotic related disorders
- Carers (immediate family etc)
What is it? How does it go? What do we do?
- Meet monthly or every fortnightly for an hour or so
- Getting to know people who share the same or similar problems
- Casual discussion following a theme that we set (led by me)
- Sharing, supporting and learning among/from each other
- Mandarin / Cantonese
- Klinik Pakar Au Yong, Jln Pudu, KL
- Manipal Hospitals Klang
- Some cafes in Klang Valley?
- (NEW) Some cafes in Johor Bahru / Batu Pahat?
- Patient’s willingness! (is not forced by others to join us; willingly attend, participate, share and listen to others)
- At least 3 to form a group
- To treat others with respect and maintain confidentiality
- To share the cost of a small administrations/materials/venue fees (if any)
- It’s mainly for people who are undergoing treatment (medical/psychological/other) and need some support along the way, NOT a platform to vent your emotional problems and personal frustrations.
These are just some ideas for now, if you have some ideas or are interested, please do leave your contacts (email or contact numbers) below or get in touch by emailing email@example.com or calling/whatsapp 017-2757813